Friday, March 4, 2011

Finally, a dentist I like

Like most of us, I am not one for the dentist. I once waited 4 years to go. I'm not afraid....I'm just not crazy about tiny instruments scraping my teeth and occasionally hitting nerves. And blood. And the taste of metal, mint and paste in my mouth. You get the idea. So for a long time, I've avoided going. When I moved downtown, I made it my mission to find a decent dentist. And I found one....I just never went.

Until today. Dr. Clerk is, thankfully, lovely. He's got a great sense of humor, is very engaging, explains everything, and is a generally nice guy. He's still a dentist, but he's good. And his staff is laid back and helpful, friendly, etc. The office is clean and uses modern equipment (this has been as issue in the past for me), and has convenient parking. He can't make it any easier for me to see him every 6 months, which he reminded me to do no less than 3 times.

My only issue, and it's minor, is that he has TVs in the waiting room and in each exam room. I can't stand the constant noise, though I suppose it probably helps people to be distracted. He gets bonus points, though, for showing TMZ in the waiting room.

Dr. Patrick Clerk, DDS
1200 Wilshire Blvd. #205
Los Angeles, CA 90017

No comments:

Post a Comment